Worst. Advice. Ever.

Ever feel like this?

If building a business was easy, everyone would do it. Truer words never spoken.

When I first started building my wellness business, I was hungry for advice. Since it’s 2020, the “Information Age”, I was always on the internet, especially social media. After all, it was there that I found my wellness path. Surely the business experts were on there too.

I’m a complete newbie at this yall. My collar is blue as blue can get. Although I had always had dreams of creating my own thing and being completely independent, I never did it. I gave a few pathetic attempts, but it was like throwing rocks in the dark expecting to hit something.

Wanna hear the worst advice I ever got? Don’t spend your time doing work that isn’t “producing” income. Ummmm hello. Only 20% of my effort produces any income at all. The other 80% supports the 20%. I kept glossing over the 80% and feeling like shit because I wasn’t getting anywhere.

I finally decided/learned/wised up that organizing my work space was hugely important. Writing in my journal was very important. Keeping up with a planner (even if all it says is call the bank and exercise) is important.

It’s making me feel comfortable. It’s making me feel good in my workspace. Not guilty, but good.

I love to say that my space is a “no guilt trip zone”. I should take my own advice more often. Do you do ignore your own advice?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s